Your core is a complex set of muscles that extend well beyond your abs. These groups of muscles found on your pelvis, diaphragm, back, and hips, provide strength and stability to both your upper and lower body.
By regularly incorporating core strengthening workouts in your fitness routines, you can develop your sense of balance, boost your metabolism, and improve your spinal health.
One of the many ways you can do to work on your core strength is by incorporating an Exercise Ball, like the Core Gym Ball, in your workouts.
Doing workouts on an unstable base, such as an exercise ball, will help you train your muscles and significantly improve muscle activity in your back, abs, and glutes. Exercise balls have also been proven to help reduce muscle and spinal strain as well.
Here are some workouts that you can do with an exercise ball that’ll give your core the boost that it needs.
Crunches (30 Reps)
- Lie on the Core Gym Ball, positioning it under the lower back. Hands behind your head.
- Contract your abs to lift your torso off the ball, pulling the bottom of your ribcage down toward your hips.
- Keep the ball stable as your body moves up. You’ll fall if you let the ball roll.
- Lower back down as slowly as you can to maximize ab stretching.
V-Sit (20 Reps)
- Lie faceup on the floor with ankles resting on top of the stability ball.
- With arms pointing toward feet, roll your torso up so your body forms a V with hips on the floor.
- Hold for five counts.
- Slowly roll back down to the floor.
Handoff (15 Reps)
- Lie faceup on the floor with arms and legs extended.
- Grab the Core Gym Ball Overhead with both hands.
- Lift arms and legs, transferring the ball from your hands to your feet.
- Lower your arms and legs to the floor with the ball between your ankles.
Knee tuck (15 Reps)
- Start in a push-up plank position with toes resting on the ball
- Keep hands shoulder width apart
- Bring knees toward chest until knees are directly under hips.
- Extend knees back to push-up position.
Yes, we understand that it might not seem like they’re easy workouts. But anything worth achieving (like washboard abs) won’t ever be easy, and that’s especially true for core exercises. They might be a drag to do, but if you regularly incorporate these Exercise Ball workouts to your routine, you’ll definitely get a stronger, tighter core.
Make sure you visit the Toby’s Sports website if you’re in need of your own Core Gym Ball. And make sure you follow us on our Facebook and Instagram pages to stay up to date with all the latest on anything and everything Toby’s Sports.
Stay Strong, Indoors.
WE GOT THIS.